[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 19 00:18:16 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:39:53PM +0100, jdd wrote:
> > Priority Checklist :
>
> one thing is probably very important: have some way to install major
> cookbooks from a drop down list or checkbox

This isn't likely to happen (the drop-down list or checkbox part),
because we don't want the webserver to have write permission to
the cookbook/ directory.

This is also why PmWiki doesn't come with a web-based "installer" --
it means that the files all get the wrong ownerships and permissions
if done that way.