[pmwiki-users] User rating of cookbook recipes

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Tue Jan 20 13:08:08 CST 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:51:29 +0100
Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:

> And in many cases, there is no "best solution", but you have to
> weigh your own special preferences.

Actually, this is one of the big problem. Let's take a look at the
AuthUser. There are so many ways of implementing it, so which one
is "your own special preference". I don't know. If I don't know
enough to choose the right one, I am stuck.

I just had this happened late last year, where some customers wanted
to setup their own wiki, but wanted to do it themselves and only call
me if they had some question. I recommended PmWiki, but when they
looked at it, they were confused by the so many ways of doing the
same thing. Especially the AuthUser. So they ended up choosing
Dokuwiki.

I would lot simpler for "average" people to have one recommended way,
but since we provide flexibility here are the other ways of achieving
a similar result.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com