[pmwiki-users] User rating of cookbook recipes

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Jan 21 08:21:07 CST 2009

Hans wrote:

>I like to propose that users will be offered an opportunity to rate a
>recipe, using a 5 star rating system, as used on many sites.
>Cookbook pages will generally have a rating markup in place, showing
>the current rating as star images, and a form to cast a vote.
>I propose the use http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/StarRater

IMO still not bad and simple to achieve.

Maybe also more detailed reviews are viable. In this case, I found
useful if the reviewer states his (self-assessed) skill level. For
example, user reviews at dealextreme.com contain a field "Involvement"
which can be:
* Expert (understands the inner workings)
* General (knows how to use it)
* Novice (still getting used to it)

Many sites have a "review rating" system ("was this review helpful"),
but I'm afraid such a system is very complex to implement and
maintain.

Oliver