[pmwiki-users] User rating of cookbook recipes

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 22:20:29 CST 2009

My 2 cents.
A recipe works for me if it is
1) documented well, with examples
2) installs and works with needing community or other support (and
ideally minimal changes to existing config file, template, and css
files)
3) has a test page or group (where possible) where I can use it
I am most likely to be attracted to a recipe if I see that
1) it has a maintainer
2) the maintainer is on these lists and responds, or has an email
address and responds
3) the recipe itself shows signs of activity, eg recent releases and
bug fixes, updates to the recipe and recipe-talk pages

Only after that would user rating be of use to me.
In fact some of the pages that compare similar recipes are very
useful, by outlining their capability and features (and what they
can't do), requirements, prerequisites, and user experiences.

chao

Simon

2009/1/20 Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>:

> As PmWiki is moving forward with renewed interest,
> and Petko is taking on the site admin role for pmwiki.org,
> I wonder if it is a good time to come to some decision regards rating
> of cookbook recipes:
[]