[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jan 24 23:54:42 CST 2009

On Saturday 24 January 2009 17:51:15 Petko Yotov wrote:
>   * {support} Great recipe. [[~John]] January 2, 2009 at 16:31 pm
>   * {oppose} Didn't work for me (PHP5 required). ~~~~
>   * {comment} Please note that it requires SQLite. ~~~~

> 1. The keyword in the braces is a markup transformed in small green check,
> or red "x" and it is visually easy to count or review them.

> Overall, it should be easy for a recipe to count the number of "*
> {endorse}" or "* +1" that appear in the page.

I am not even sure if a recipe that counts the ratings is required. A reader
of the recipe page can quickly scan the "Endorsments" section to read
the "votes" and comments.

A page variable like {=$Rating} could be used in pagelists, but again, the
comments (messages, arguments) after the "votes" are more important than the
number of such votes. And the people behind the comments are even more
important.

An endorsment from Pm is worth more than a dozen button clicks from anonymous
visitors, at least in my system of values.

Thanks,
Petko