[pmwiki-users] Pagenames with accented characters

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Jul 16 17:34:26 CDT 2009

I'm trying to implement the Cookbook/ISO8859MakePageNamePatterns. I've
copy/pasted the code in the "For ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1 Western European)"
section into config.php -- it's the very first code in the config.

However, it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there some other setting
that the replacement is dependent on (document charset, international
settings on the host machine)? (I'm on Windows, running 2.2.1 if that
makes a difference.)

Here's the steps I follow (refer to DaveG/Accents):
1] Add code to config.php (appears at top of config)
2] Create a new page with an accented link to a non-existent page:
    [[heres a ß Wierd accent]]
    [[heres a Þ Wierd accent]]

3] Click the link, to create a new page.
4] The URL of the page is:
    DaveG/HeresA%dfWierdAccent

So the accented character is replaced with the escape version %df. This
seems to be the default processing of PmWiki. Basically the new patterns
are not kicking in.

To verify that $MakePageNamePatterns was being handled, I add another
pattern to the array:

When I click the accented link I get a page where all the 'e' are
replaced with '3':
    T3st.H3r3sA%dfWi3rdAcc3nt

So the replacement is occurring, just not for the accented characters.

  ~ ~ Dave