[pmwiki-users] FoxEdit & Category

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 02:31:28 CDT 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 5:09:38 AM, adam overton wrote:

> i'm finding that when i edit a PTV on a page using FoxEdit, and try
> adding something with [[!Category]] markup, when i visit the
> corresponding Category.Keyword page, the page with the new Keyword
> doesn't show up.

> however, if i then go back to the page and call ?edit directly, and
> then save (without making any changes), the Category.Keyword page
> updates immediately.

> can you confirm this on your end? is FoxEdit missign something, like
> a call to SaveAttributes()?

I am not sure what you are trying to do precisely.
Foxedit itself does only provide the markup
for edit links and buttons, which will load a Fox edit
form. Fox will do all the form processing when you save,
not foxedit. Save Atributes is called in th eprocess of
saving a page as well.

If you add a [[!Keyword]] markup to a page it creates a
link to a page Category.Keyword. This page does not need to actually
exists (and does not exists with standard PmWiki setup).
And it will not be updated when a [[!Keyword]] link is created on any
page, but following the link you may see a list of pages
which link to it. this is usualy achieved with  a (:pagelist ..:)
markup on page Category.GroupFooter (saving you the hassle of adding
a pagelist markup on every category page).

Hope these explanations will make it somewhat clearer what is going on!

  ~Hans