[pmwiki-users] Main.homepage asks for login..

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Sep 10 12:35:02 CDT 2009

Monday, September 7, 2009, 11:43:48 PM, Sofia M wrote:

> the problem is - I don't understand why the main page of the wiki
> (/Main/HomePage) is asking for a login

> on ?action=admin, I have GuestUser defined with these permissions:
> "read_all, rss" - and it doesn't matter if I change it to just 'read'
> from 'read_all', or if I get rid of 'rss'..

> might this be a hold-over from the previous use of native authuser? -
> I have set the passwords on /Main/HomePage to 'clear  in the
> ?action=attr

Main.HomePage?action=attr should  tell you if any password is set,
and were (at page level, group level or site level).
If there  is no text right of the field there is no password.
You could double check by opening the page file Main.HomePage
in the wiki.d directory with  a text editor.
If a password is set on the page you find something like

passwdedit=$1$eu2.Pe5.$wXUUmqRvdwYCZ1YHmrqPI0
or
passwdread=.......

Removing such lines will remove the password, same as entering the
word 'clear' (without the '') into the attribute field and saving.

  ~Hans