[pmwiki-users] Local template causing blank pages

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Sun Sep 13 11:51:23 CDT 2009

I'm stumped why suddenly at page 306 my local template is causing
completely blank pages. I don't think the problem is $MaxIncludes,
since I've set that to 20000. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!

I'm using pmwiki-2.2.5 on my own computer under MAMP. My configuration
includes these recipes: powertools, creole, wsplus, and httpvariables.

Here's a detailed description of what is happening:

I have 305 pages in one of my groups. Each page contains merely a
title, a PTV, and three anchored sections, one of which contains
category markup. (See below.) One category that all pages have in
common is the "All" category. My category group header uses
fmt=#myproblemtemplate. (See below.)

When I add page 306, suddenly my "All" category page, which is linked
to by all the pages in my group, shows nothing - not even the sidebar.
My "subset" category page however, which fewer pages link to, works
fine.

If I remove page 306, I get normal results. If I create a different
page 306, category "All" gives a blank page again.

PmWiki's built-in "include" template works fine. The problem occurs
only when I have more than 305 pages and use myproblemtemplate (other
local templates seem to work fine).

myproblemtemplate displays MyPTV. If I remove from page 306 MyPTV, it
doesn't help. But if I remove from myproblemtemplate the display of
MyPTV, it works fine.

My category group header contains this:

(:pagelist group=-EditTemplates,-Site link="{*$FullName}"
fmt=#myproblemtemplate order=-title:)
(:if false:)

My page looks something like this:

(:title My Title:)
MyPTV: blah blah...

[[#Detail]]
[[#Detailend]]

[[#Comment]]
[[#Commentend]]

[[#Category]]
[[!all]] [[!subset]]

[[#Categoryend]]

My local template looks something like this:

[[#myproblemtemplate]]
(:template each:)
 >><<
%smaller rfloat lightgrey%&nbsp;{=$FullName}&nbsp;
[[{=$FullName}?action=edit|+]]&nbsp;&nbsp;{{=$FullName}$:MyPTV}

 >>smaller indent<<
(:include {=$FullName}#Detail#Detailend:)

 >>italic smaller<<
**Comment:** (:include {=$FullName}#Comment#Commentend:)

 >>smaller<<
**Category:** (:include {=$FullName}#Category#Categoryend:)
----
[[#myproblemtemplateend]]