[pmwiki-users] usage of (:selectlang:) MultiLanguageViews

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 05:34:38 CDT 2009

Monday, September 14, 2009, 11:22:45 AM, Patrick Ogay Evolution wrote:

> I implemented MultiLanguageViews.
> It works nicely, thanks for the recipe.

> http://hamambasel.ch/Public/Projekt?lang=tr

> One question remains when using (:selectlang:)
> When I place the language buttons in a place elsewhere as the content
> site (:selectlang:) returns nothing.

Patrick, checking out your link I cannot switch languages.
the url show both  a setlang= and a lang= parameter
but only one should be there, usually setlang=
to set the preferred language as cookie. with
http://hamambasel.ch/Public/Projekt?setlang=fr?lang=de
the page always displays as 'de', even though the cookie may be
changed.

I am not sure about your problem/request of having a pagename
hardcoded or given as parameter in markup (:selectlang:)
The markup checks the current page to see if a page attribute
'languages' is set  (with a list of languages in the page).
The idea is that a page may have no languages implemented, or not all,
so there will be no switch links shown for non-existing languages.

Why do you need to read the list of languages available from a
specific page rather than the current one?

  ~Hans