[pmwiki-users] Update equivalent for RetrieveAuthSection

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 09:21:44 CDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:55 PM, V.Krishn <vkrishn at insteps.net> wrote:
> Functions like these could be part of PmWiki core, maybe as extended_lib.php
> in scripts/
> The problem is identifying such functions :)

I have a feeling that since even I (as the author of toolbox) didn't
find it worthwhile to complete the development of this particular
function, I'm afraid it would get so little usage as to make it not so
worthwhile.  Definitely against that "avoid gratuitous features" point
#3 under pmwiki philosophy if we are talking about putting it in the
core.

If there were interest obviously I'm just a short time away from
finishing those retrieve/update functions, but I think most people
(actually, I guess 100% - myself included) just prefer to do their own
RetrieveAuthPage() and UpdatePage() directly...

-Peter