[pmwiki-users] BlogIt does not converts plain wiki pages

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Tue Feb 16 11:54:48 CST 2010

On 2/16/2010 11:05 AM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> I've been positively impressed by the comment handling of the BlogIt
> recipe (although something still needs ironing), and after a few
> (loose) tests I would like to convert all my wiki to BlogIt.
> But as I try to call a page with
>   ?action=blogitupgrade&pattern=.&writetofile=true
> in order to convert the whole wiki, I get
> Fatal error: Function name must be a string in
> /web/htdocs/www.kirpi.it/home/wiki/cookbook/blogit/blogit.php on line
> 472
Just, an fyi, I can replicate this problem, and I'm looking into a
solution.

It looks like this error occurs if you use the built-in PmWiki security
(ie, not AuthUser). Can you confirm that you using the basic PmWiki
security, and are you running the latest version of BlogIt?

Also, I don't recommend converting *all* pages, as this would also
convert the PmWiki group pages, and possibly other system pages. I'll
update the docs to reflect this. Usually use something to delineate the
group like &pattern=Blog\.

  ~ ~ Dave