[pmwiki-users] editing wiki pages directly

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Jan 29 15:08:55 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:56 PM, SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone is the habit of editing wiki pages directly, and what editing tools they use for
> that. I hack wiki pages with vim very often. It's just faster that way than using the browser built-in editor. I
> even tried a vi plugin for firefox. Since a wiki page is plain text with %0a substituted for \n - and a couple
> more sustitutions - perphaps a vim plugin could be made to open a page, replace %0a with \n, then
> reverse the replacements upon saving the page. Does anyone know if such a plugin is available for vim, or
> for another good editor?  TIA

I agree a vim plugin would be a neat idea.  Meanwhile you can check
out http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AdminByShell for some methods
people use to move back and forth ...

or http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTopStore for a method of
storing both full-text and normal pmwiki-text at the same time - very
flexible.

-Peter