[pmwiki-users] RFC: Indexing categories and links

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 08:25:11 CST 2010

Thanks Petko and Peter for the explanation.

Sorry that I didn't read PITS/00447 before posting...

Indeed separating category membership _creation_ and _listing_ is
desirable, but as far as I see, it can be already done with PmWiki
means - simply use _two_ pages:

* One "linking" page - linking to this page creates category
membership. It doesn't need to exist!
* A "listing" page containing the page list.

In contrast to the interwiki workaround, links to the listing page are
still real wiki links, therefore you can find backlinks to this page
IOW pages referring to the category but not being members of this
category.

So one could simply change $CategoryGroup e.g. to CategoryLinks and
adapt the page lists to use this group. The group named "Category" can
be used to hold the category descriptions and page lists (also from
the GroupFooter).

Anything I'm missing?

I will add this to PITS/00447 after waiting briefly for responses in
the mailing list.

Oliver