[pmwiki-users] Update database record

Vince Administration vadmin at math.uconn.edu
Tue Oct 19 15:04:26 CDT 2010

Hans, it. al,
i have been looking at the documentation for DataPlates, DataQuery, and UpdateForm, and I am becoming confused.  So perhaps this list will point me in the correct direction.  Here is what I would like to do:

I have a table in a mysql database that I would like my users to be able to update by filling in a form.  The idea is that after having found the record to be updated the default form entries would be filled in from the database record.  The user could modify them as needed (So far I can do this very nicely with Fox -- thanks Hans) But now I need to take the submission of the form to actually update the data in the database.  My question is --
what recipe is simplest to accomplish this task.
UpdateForm looks as if it might do the job, but it does not appear to use Database Standard.  We already use SelectQuery for simple queries.

Or would it just be simpler to process the form and stuff the data into the database "manually"?

Thanks for your suggestions.
      Vince