[pmwiki-users] Update database record

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 14:18:46 CDT 2010

Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 9:04:26 PM, Vince Administration wrote:

> i have been looking at the documentation for DataPlates, DataQuery,
> and UpdateForm, and I am becoming confused.  So perhaps this list
> will point me in the correct direction.  Here is what I would like to do:

Vince, I won't be able to help much with this.
UpdateForm preceded DataQuery.
DataPlates gives you just a front end to DataQuery, to use standard
ZAP or Fox forms. A db table gets configured as a wiki page group,
and a default form gets automatically created with which a user can
add and edit db entries, which appear as wiki pages.
You could modify the default form to suit your particular needs,
so if you use Fox you would modify a fox form, or add your own.
At least that is the idea, but it has been a while since I added the
integration for Fox to DataPlates, and i can't give much support, if
any. Perhaps you can experiment and see if it works.

cheers,
  ~Hans