[pmwiki-users] Making homepage links inoperative until newcomers register first

Al Louis Ripskis ripskis at sprynet.com
Sat Apr 2 15:57:56 CDT 2011

I get a very truncated homepage, without the side bar or any of the links, after I did what you instructed: i.e. inserted $DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*' in my config.php file;
and went to Site.GroupAttributes?action=attr and set @nopass as  a 'read' attribute.
You can go to my site in progress at www.politicaltransformation.org, to see exactly what I mean.
As evidence that I did the above correctly I copied:

Main.HomePage Attributes

Enter new attributes for this page below. Leaving a field blank will leave the attribute unchanged. To clear an attribute, enter 'clear'.
Set new read password: 		@nopass
Set new edit password: 		(set by site) ****
Set new attribute password: 		(using edit password)
Set new upload password: 		(set by site) id:*

Top entries from the config.php file:

$EnableUpload = 1;
#$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = array('id:*');
#$DefaultPasswords['read'] = '@nopass';
$DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';

$UploadPrefixFmt = '';

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/wikimail.php");

## Unicode (UTF-8) allows the display of all languages and all alphabets.
include_once($FarmD.'/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/useradmin-authuser.php");

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

Any other suggestions?
Al