[pmwiki-users] .epub cookbook

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Feb 3 09:52:54 CST 2011

On 1/26/2011 11:27 AM, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Next time you have an epub handy, copy it and rename it to .zip. Then,
> unzip it... an Epub is essentially a zipped web site.

So if I buy an epub version of a book, I will still be able to read it a
decade from now? (Assuming I copy my backups to modern media. But the
format will still be readable even if I change readers.)

Yay! my dead-tree library is huge and also incomplete. It's on my list
of things to test. I have heard that there epub isn't a single standard
(much like html), but it's still a good start.

Sandy