[pmwiki-users] Newbie needs help with Capthca

ethann.castell at caliton.com ethann.castell at caliton.com
Fri Feb 25 20:56:44 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm new to PmWiki and have virtually no PHP experience.  I'm trying to
implement the Captcha cookbook from
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Captcha .

I've uploaded the captcha.php file and added the following lines to the
end of the config.php file:

$EnablePostCaptchaRequired = 1;
if (CondAuth($pagename,'edit'))
   $EnablePostCaptchaRequired = 0;
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/captcha.php");

and then edited the Site.EditForm file to add the following code within
the "text=" section to contain the following:

(:input form action={*$PageUrl} method=post:)
(:input default request=1:)
Enter value: {$Captcha} (:input captcha:)
(:input submit:)
(:input end:)

(:if captcha:)
%green%Captcha succeeded%%
(:else:)
%red%Captcha failed%%
(:ifend:)

But this completely stuffs up any editing - I just end up with an almost
blank page.  Would someone be kind enough to show me what the contents of
the Site.EditForm should look like with the captcha included?

Regards
Ethann Castell