[pmwiki-users] Newbie needs help with Capthca

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Feb 26 01:30:02 CST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 3:56 AM,  <ethann.castell at caliton.com> wrote:
> and then edited the Site.EditForm file to add the following code within the
> "text=" section to contain the following:

By your description of this (adding the code within the "text="
section) I'm guessing that you edited that file using some kind of
text editor.

Whenever you are editing actual pmwiki pages you need to use pmwiki to
edit them.  Use your browser, go to that page, and click on the "edit"
link.  (If you have made the edit link unavailable for a CMS or
something then add ?action=edit on the end of the URL that takes you
to that page.)

I've copy/pasted the contents of my Site.EditForm so that when you
edit it (from within pmwiki using your browser!) you can first restore
it to its initial state and then make the changes you want to make.

-Peter

===(snip)===
(:GroupHeader:)
(:Summary:contains the edit page layout form:)
!! $[Editing {*$FullName}] %block class=wikiaction%
(:messages:)
(:div id='wikiedit':)
(:input e_form:)[[#top]](:e_guibuttons:)\\
(:input e_textarea:)\\
$[Summary]: (:input e_changesummary:)\\
$[Author]: (:input e_author:) (:input e_minorcheckbox:) $[This is a
minor edit]\\
(:input e_savebutton:) (:input e_savedraftbutton:) (:input
e_saveeditbutton:) (:input e_previewbutton:) (:input e_cancelbutton:)
(:input end:)
(:divend:)
(:include $[{$SiteGroup}/EditQuickReference]:)
(:if e_preview:)
!! $[Preview {*$FullName}]
'''$[Page is unsaved]'''
(:e_preview:)
----
'''$[End of preview -- remember to save]'''\\
[[#top | $[Top] ]]
(:ifend:)