[pmwiki-users] Upgrade problem from 2.2.15 to current

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jun 24 18:01:45 CDT 2011

On Friday 24 June 2011 18:57:26, Vince Administration wrote :
> The pages seem  to display fine, but on a few pages (only a few pages) near
> the bottom of the correctly displayed page is overlayed the message
>
> PmWiki can't process your request. Permission denied in ...
> PmWiki needs to have a  writable wiki.d
> Do this  mkdir //wiki.d
> The config.php is the same as for the old 2.2.15 installation.

I don't see any change in PmWiki from 2.2.15 to 2.2.27 that could cause such
errors. Is PmWiki the only thing that upgraded? Did you add or upgrade some
recipe/skin...? Is your PHP/server/Operating system the same as with 2.2.15?

The slashes in "//wiki.d" seem to indicate that the server probably doesn't
have "search" (also known as "scan" or "exec") permissions for the parent
directories or for the wiki.d directory. In the latter case, a search or a
pagelist in the wiki would return nothing.

The search permissions of a directory are different from "read" or "exec"
permissions of the files inside the directory. You need to have the wiki.d
directory both readable (recursively with the files inside it) and searchable
(the "exec" bit set for the dir only, no need for the files inside).

> this message wanting a spurious wiki.d directory. It seems likely that the
> pages where the message appears on are the ones that were being worked on
> before the wiki.d directory was made writable, if that is a clue.

Do you have per-group wiki.d subdirectories? In that case, it may be needed to
change the writable/searchable permissions of wiki.d and all subdirectories
recursively -- there is usually a checkbox in the permissions dialog box.

Petko