[pmwiki-users] Spacing Wiki Words

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Sun Mar 13 01:17:34 CST 2011

Brian,

I don't know of any easy solution to the problem you posed.  I do a lot of URL-based returning-to-a-page, and I find the technique very valuable - but unfortunately when you save an edited page using PmWiki's standard edit form, you lose the parameter information.

If you always want to return to a specific page after editing Site.SideBar, you can put something like (:redirect Main.HomePage:) on Site.SideBar. When that page is saved it will send the user to the specified page.

However, you probably want something more flexible. Within PHP you could provide more control over what happens. Perhaps you could create an alternative to PmWiki's standard edit form that doesn't dispose of the URL parameter information upon save.

Another approach might be to edit the page using a form on the page you want to return to - the information would be saved on Site.SideBar, or wherever, and after the form is posted you'd still be on the page to which you had wanted to return.

I hope something in all that brainstorming helps.

Randy