[pmwiki-users] ownership probems

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Sat Mar 26 23:06:22 CDT 2011

hi
i'm trying to create a new site hosted on the same server as my previous one.
for the new site, i basically just want to quickly duplicate the pmwiki package from my customized main site, and use that as the template. to do this, i simply downloaded all my pmwiki files for the old site via ftp onto my desktop, and then reuploaded them into the new directory.

things are almost working at this point, and permissions for directories seem to be fine, but when i try to open and save any pages that already existed on the previous site, like MyGroup.index, i get permission errors, for instance:

Warning: fopen(wiki.d/MyGroup/MyGroup.index,new) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/ssb/pmwiki.php on line 971 ...

when i make new pages from scratch, i don't get the same errors (except for errors with AllRecentChanges).
i think this is due to the fact that most of the pages on my previous distribution have 99:99 as the owner, but once they got downloaded to my computer, they were reassigned the owner of the cpu.

does anyone have any tips for quickly and easily duplicating files from a site so that permissions are preserved? or for correcting this quickly and easily? the ftp client i use allows me to change permissions, but not owners, of files. i know i could probably remove the offending files, create them from within pmwiki, and then just copy and paste in the edit window, but that will take awhile.

thanks,
adam