[pmwiki-users] Pre-alpha rich text WYSIWTF editor

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 04:02:05 CDT 2011

Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 4:28:19 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:

> Headings, text styles and colors, links, images, lists, tables can be added.

I must admit that working in WYSIWYG is a nice experience.

I struggled with the WhizzyWig table though, and line spacings
got added when I did not expect them, and a few other oddities.

> HTML is stored in the wiki page.
> A special type of <pre> blocks allow the use of PmWiki markup.

As it stands it seems to be an either/or:
Either create your pages as WTF, with HTML in the page source,
to be edited with WhizzyWig, or as PmWiki, with wiki markup in the
source, to be edited the standard way. So WTF is only good for a new
installation (wiki or Group), with the choice made to go for HTML in
the source. Any wiki markup will need converted or specially excluded
via the <pre class="pmwikimarkup> block.

I wonder if the two can be integrated, so WTF will save as wiki
markup, and understand it when a "normal" page is opened for wtf-edit?

cheers,
  ~Hans