[pmwiki-users] Pre-alpha rich text WYSIWTF editor

Brian Tibbels brian.tibbels at clickmarlow.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 05:23:14 CDT 2011

I'm quite happy without it. All users need is new paragraph, bold and
heading. Everything else is set by CSS. With consistency & presentation
becoming so important nowadays a WYSIWYG editor couldn't hope to emulate the
sophisticated demands of modern sites. I have just moved to PmWiki for this
very reason.

Using markup like

>>picgallery<<
image1.png
image2.png
image3.png
>><<

>>callout<<
blah blah
>><<

is far easier for the user to supply the data for the html devices rather
than attempting to code it themselves and being wholly dissatisfied with the
results as shown in the html editor.

Incorporate a WYSIWYG if you must but let it be an option.

Many thanks for listening :)

Brian

On 29 March 2011 10:02, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 4:28:19 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:
>
> > Headings, text styles and colors, links, images, lists, tables can be
> added.
>
> I must admit that working in WYSIWYG is a nice experience.
>
> I struggled with the WhizzyWig table though, and line spacings
> got added when I did not expect them, and a few other oddities.
>
> > HTML is stored in the wiki page.
> > A special type of <pre> blocks allow the use of PmWiki markup.
>
> As it stands it seems to be an either/or:
> Either create your pages as WTF, with HTML in the page source,
> to be edited with WhizzyWig, or as PmWiki, with wiki markup in the
> source, to be edited the standard way. So WTF is only good for a new
> installation (wiki or Group), with the choice made to go for HTML in
> the source. Any wiki markup will need converted or specially excluded
> via the <pre class="pmwikimarkup> block.
>
> I wonder if the two can be integrated, so WTF will save as wiki
> markup, and understand it when a "normal" page is opened for wtf-edit?
>
> cheers,
>   ~Hans

Brian Tibbels
IT support for small business and the individual
http://clickmarlow.co.uk/
m: 07804 109906
t: 01628 477640
skype: brian.tibbels