[pmwiki-users] Password protection not working

Sun, Yue Yue.Sun at vaughan.ca
Thu Nov 10 10:13:14 CST 2011

Hi,

We have a pmwiki site (version 2.2.0) that has been up for a few years. Recently we upgraded to RedHat 5 and PHP 5.3.7, after that the password protection is not working any more. To help figure out the problem, I've set up a new pmwiki 2.2.34, and use the simple config file with

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('operations');

and

$EnableDiag = 1;

but still the Edit is open to everyone and never got a password prompt. When I changed $DefaultPasswords['edit'] ='@lock'<mailto:='@lock'> and the password was prompted. I notice there are some discussions about the new crypt() in php 5.3 and doubt if it's related to the issue I am having. Here is the test pmwiki I set up http://newsletter.vaughanpl.info/pmwiki/pmwiki.php. Can someone provide a help? Do I have to downgrade to php 5.2?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Yue

This e-mail, including any attachment(s), may be confidential and is intended solely for the attention and information of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from your computer, including any attachment(s). Any unauthorized distribution, disclosure or copying of this message and attachment(s) by anyone other than the recipient is strictly prohibited.