[pmwiki-users] it's time to change pmwiki default skin!

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 16:17:05 CDT 2012

Hi Al,

> Hans, can I use this new template to update the Triad skin that I
> have been using and which you developed?

I have been using the skin on a number of sites, without getting
negative feedback. That said, I have not polished the skin for
release. There are a number of issues which I was not sure about how
to resolve. And it would need quite a bit of documentation, to
explain this very different approach.

Proportional image scaling is one, for instance.
Most editing users are used to use images to a certain pixel size,
rather than having the image adapt to the proportional size of the
container, say 50% width, or 33% width of page width.
I wanted that, but it gets confusing for most to have to specify
proportional widths. It requires to think about layout differently.

But I do wish to release my new skin. Just had  a quick look, and I will
try to go over a few things, then perhaps mail it to you to try out,
if you like. But I can't offer too much hand-holding.
HTML5 templates are really nice and easy to read.
But the various css style sheets I employed are a bit more
challenging. But you can take a look if you like.

It is certainly not a simple enough skin to become a new PmWiki
default skin. Same as the Triad skin, a fairly complex but flexible
beast.

Best regards,
Hans
www.softflow.co.uk