[pmwiki-users] it's time to change pmwiki default skin!

Fri Apr 27 20:30:19 CDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Al Louis Ripskis <ripskis at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Sep 11, 2011 3:35 PM  Eric Forgeot wrote:
> why not a new default pmwiki skin?- for the default installation and for the http://www.pmwiki.org website? The current ... looks like it was designed in 1992,

I know this has gone round and round. However, I'm going to argue the
opposite way. The default skin for the installation should really be
the simplest set of elements of all, the minimum needed to get a site
functional. Many of the more whizzy and advanced skins create
implementation requirements which may not be what the new user wants.
As an implementer, I much prefer to design my own skins anyway.

The collection of skins in the Cookbook is the place to point people
into looking for skins that fit their needs more.

As for the pmwiki.org *site* -- that could use a face-lift, possibly.
But as it's Pm's site, I would leave that up to him.