[pmwiki-users] (:include:) works at site level only

fergicide fergicide at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 07:42:43 CDT 2012

Thank you so much.  $WikiLibDirs is exactly what I need to solve my problem.

Here's the new line in my farmconfig.php:

     $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,new
PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/{$FullName}'),new
PageStore('$FarmD/wiki.d/{$FullName}'));

In my root wiki I preface the common pages with 'Root...'
e.g. RootMasterPlotter.PageStructure.  For the child sites in
subdirectories, I include the content into the page with (:include
RootMasterPlotter.PageStructure).

This lets me quickly clone a new subsite from the root master.  In the
cloned child site I delete the 'Root'-prefaced files because they are
redundant: the 'Root'-prefaced pages should only ever exist in the root
wiki.d.

I prefer subfolders to organize my many story development projects, rather
than clump everything into one directory.

Cheers,
Andrew