[pmwiki-users] New WikiGroups on pmwiki.org [Was: Volunteering for a PITS issue]

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 08:00:05 CDT 2012

Friday, October 12, 2012, 1:06:46 PM, Rogutės wrote:
> I, for one, don't expect to see Skins under pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook and
> don't expect recipes under pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Skins. As someone has
> already mentioned, recipes change/add functionality and skins change the
> look. I would like it better if there was clear separation between the two
> (but not necessarily separate groups). At least separate Cookbook indexes:

>   Recipe Index by Rating
>   Recipe Index

>   Skin Index
>   Skin Index by Rating

I do not see this clear distinction between recipes adding/changing
functionality and skins changing the look. PmWiki skins are often
offering much more than just changing the look. Certainly all the
skins I created add a lot of functionality as well as a different
look.

If we keep skin recipes in the Cookbook/ page group, we could achieve
different indexes for skin recipes and ordinary recipes, including
different indexes by rating, by insisting that skin recipes always
use 'Skin' as last part of their name. Then we filter the indexes
accordingly (and not relying only on the 'Skin' category for creating
skin index page(s). It would also remove those recipes from the Skin
index which are categorised as 'Skin', but are not skin recipes
(most likely they are recipes for changes to skins).

Best regards,
Hans
www.softflow.co.uk