[pmwiki-users] syncing pmwiki with local installation (OSX)

Chris Lott chris at chrislott.org
Sun Dec 1 14:38:54 CST 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me toss out another idea besides the two-way rsync thing, although it has some serious deficiencies.

I have  GIT syncing working, kind of. I couldn't get my local files to
 push  to my web server using SSH (it kept complaining that I couldn't
push to the branch that was checked out, so I had to login to the
server, check out a temporary/fake branch, push from the local
machine, then switch back on the remote machine...annoying), so I am
using Github as an intermediary.

Of course this still means that "syncing" means logging into my web
server and checking out new changes when I work locally and
vice-versa...and as you noted, the conflict resolution of git isn't
going to be of much help if I forget.

Ideally, I'd have something working like DropBox, where the syncing
happens automagically...but I'm not sure I can set up a dropbox client
on my linux web server.

It feels like this shouldn't be so difficult!

Chris Lott <chris at chrislott.org>