[pmwiki-users] Getting pages created by other software to appear in category lists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 28 17:34:50 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 06:06:29PM -0300, Peter Payzant wrote:
> I'm creating one page with a daily Perl program, and in general
> everything works as expected. However, I can't get this page to show
> up in a category list.
> [...]
> However, this page does not appear on the page
> Category.BoardDocuments. Dozens of other pages created the normal
> way, by editing in PmWiki, do appear in the category list.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The indexes aren't being notified that there's a new page that might
need scanning.

Simply have your Perl script also touch/update the .lastmod file in
wiki.d/, and the categories should start seeing your automatically
generated page(s).

In Perl the following will work to update the timestamp of .lastmod:

    open(my $fh, ">", "wiki.d/.lastmod");
    close($fh);

Hope this helps.