[pmwiki-users] PmWiki is dead !

Moni Kellermann kellerfrau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 22:42:09 PST 2022

Am 09.12.2022 um 06:12 schrieb Pierre-Marie Carette:
> [many angry words in French at the top, then in English]

PmWiki is free, and it's working for us users because Petko Yotov is
putting a lot of work in, which is also free for us.

It is rude to an English list to rant here in French FIRST.

And you EXPECT Pmwiki to be managed in a certain way.

I understand frustration with problems one cannot fix oneself - I am one
of these "dumb" users who has to rely on help if I run into problems.
Sometimes I have ideas for a feature but am unable to implement them
myself. For all this I am grateful for Petko's work. I do not donate a
bit of money to him often enough. And I bet most mailing list readers
here don't either.

And you rant here because of what? Something wrong with the
documentation? Which is not sufficient?

What do you need beyond

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes

and

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog

But maybe that is a naive question and I do not understand the depth of
your problem in full.

Your message comes across as rather emotional and angry, maybe I am
getting your tone wrong.

I would prefer anyone who has some legitimate criticism to report errors
and make suggestions in a more matter-of-fact tone. I would have not
expected such a drama queen post on this list, to be honest.

Moni Kellermann