[pmwiki-users] creating a lot of similar pages automatically

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 18:43:00 PDT 2023

Eventually, among other possibilities, one strategy for structured
data might be something like this, if I say no mistake (to be adapted)
:

1/ create one dedicated template page according to your needs for the
static part (Data.MyTemplate) with style, css, repetitive text where
calls to the dynamic data (the changing part) is made by using page
variable and page text variable ;

2/ create 170 data pages, very basic : only data, with page variable
and ptv markup (Data.001, Data.002, etc.)

(:title My title for Data 001:)
(:description This is my description for Data 001:)
ptv1: xxx xxx
ptv2:
ptv3: yyy yyyy
ptv4: zzz
[[#text1]]Text to be included.[[#text1end]]

2bis/ you may want to use a form for easily filling in your data (or
just use an edit template) ; or, if you can generate the data outside
pmwiki, import the set of pages.

3/ then, in Data/GroupHeader, ask pmwiki to mix template and data
every time (or conditionally) a page is called in Data group :
(:include Data.MyTemplate:)
This way, every page in Data group will show the data mixed within the
template ; you may want to use a special pattern in the url of the
data pages, so that it will be easier to have other pages in the same
group not using the MyTemplate include, with a conditional like :
(:if name [0-9],[0-9][0-9],[0-9][0-9][0-9]:)(:include Data.MyTemplate:)(:ifend:)

Gilles.