[Pmwiki-users] Some issues with the latest pmwiki release

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Tue Apr 29 10:58:20 CDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> A quick test program shows that a) floating point numbers as indices
> doesn't cause php to balk

No, floating point numbers don't cause php to balk, but PHP just
converts them to integers so that 70.0 and 70.8 are actually
stored in location 70.

Also, you appear to be correct that arrays in PHP are indeed sparse,
even with numeric indices, which means I could go to 100..700 without
too much problem.  (Originally I had used 100..700 but switched to
10..70 because of memory concerns, which appear to be nonexistent.)