[Pmwiki-users] Some issues with the latest pmwiki release

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Tue Apr 29 11:18:04 CDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> But "11.1" doesn't come before "2.5" when you ksort() an array. And I
> don't think you need to explain the difference between $array[1.2] and
> $array["1.2"]; just tell them to always use quotes "so that everything
> works correctly" (except maybe use more words :) and leave the
> explanation to the PHP folks.

Perhaps.  On the other hand, people intuitively understand integers.
Strings don't always work the way you expect.  For example, I just did
a ksort test with various number and string combinations and ended up with a
key sequence of  7.1, 11.1, 11.1a, 7.1a, 70.0, and 70.  Worse, I did

    ksort($a);
    print_r($a);

    ksort($a);
    print_r($a);

and ended up with different results for the output:

    Array
    (
        [7.1] => 10
        [11.1] => 11