[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 0.3.15 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Sun Feb 23 18:28:02 CST 2003

Does the "id" attribute work now?  I haven't used it in HTML that much,
and it used to be that we would do <a name='xyz'> to create a target to
jump to within an HTML document.  The last time I tried to use 'id'
(several years ago) it didn't work in several browsers.

Also, I'm not sure that the id is something that should truly be
considered a WikiStyle, since it really marks a "location" within a
document and not a "style" of formatting the text.  I think I'd
prefer to overload double brackets again or something like that, as in

  [[#xyz]]

when then generates a target for the ThisPage:#xyz link (probably
using the <a name='xyz'> tag in HTML, although it could be done with
something else).

I dunno, I just have never used the ...url#name syntax very much--what's
the normal HTML practice for doing this these days?

Pm