[Pmwiki-users] comment/vote on proposed changes

Dawn Green green at thunderdata.com
Tue May 6 19:09:02 CDT 2003

> Sounds good to me. Escaping a whole wikiword is more author-efficient than
> escaping individual wiki letters, and easier to explain. Could we do 1 for
> backward compatibility as well, please? It's not a big deal for me to change
> things, so I'm relaxed if you prefer to omit it.

I have to say that I am generally concerned about creating a second mechanism
for escaping formatting.  Why is the [= =] method not acceptable?  I would
rather see us hold off on this until some time down the road.  As more users
begin to use PmWiki, more needs for symbols for formatting are sure to arise
so why not wait on this?  Perhaps, an explanation will ease my mind.

Dawn