[Pmwiki-users] uploaded file not accessible - not a valid page name

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Apr 23 08:57:19 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:03:21PM +0200, Edward K Chadwick wrote:

> I've just installed a new wiki (0.6.15) and enabled uploads. Uploading a file is successful and the file appears in /uploads/Main as expected. However when I click on the link to the file in a browser I get the following error:
>
> PmWiki can't process your request
> 'uploads/Main/test.pdf' is not a valid PmWiki page name
> We are sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> Has anybody else had trouble with this? Any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Are you doing any URL rewriting, aliasing, or otherwise doing things that
affect PmWiki's $ScriptUrl and the like?  You may need to set a value for
$UploadUrlFmt, or else fix the aliases taking place so that uploads/ is
pointing to the correct upload directory and not the pmwiki.php script.