[Pmwiki-users] Re: more thoughts on .htaccess

chr@home.se chr
Tue Dec 7 10:40:00 CST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:26:39AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> > I suggest that .htaccess be removed from the default install and that the

I like that idea, primarily because it seems cleaner to know that
installing or upgrading pmwiki *never* writes to local/. Exceptions suck
in this context :-)

> * having local/.htaccess installed by default helps a large group of
>   people at a very minor cost to a very small minority of admins (i.e.,
>   those who need a custom .htaccess file in local/ and can't easily achieve
>   the results any other way)

I don't suppose it'd be workable to exclude the .htaccess from the CVS
installation, but include in the tar-ball version?  (I'm thinking that
people going with the CVS version are more likely to know what they are
doing etc).

Anyway, guess this is a typical "much ado about nothing" :-)

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr