[Pmwiki-users] more thoughts on .htaccess

Joachim Durchholz jo
Tue Dec 7 13:25:36 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> If someone comes across a real case in practice where having the .htaccess
> in the distribution is greatly complicating site configuration or upgrading
> (i.e., in a way that isn't easily worked around), then I'll see about
> removing it from the distribution.  Otherwise, I see only benefit and
> little cost to having it there.

This got me thinking - the upload code should make sure that no file
named .htaccess is ever uploaded. Actually it's probably best to avoid
filenames that start with a dot in the first place. (Not sure whether
that's actually an issue with HTTP POST, it's been quite a while since I
dabbled with uploads.)

Regards,
Jo