documentation (was: Re: [Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: More on (:include:) syntax)

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Dec 8 11:12:12 CST 2004

At 2004-12-08  09:47 AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Traditionally the directives have been documented on PmWiki.SpecialMarkups,
>but some of them are getting advanced enough that they may deserve their
>own pages, or perhaps we need a separate "directives WikiTrail" within
>the PmWiki group.  If the documentation for (:include:) doesn't fit
>cleanly into SpecialMarkups I'd suggest creating an
>[[IncludeOtherPages]] page for it.

<mild rant>
I actually find it quite frustrating trying to locate a directive or
special markup or variable. In a large part that is because I don't know
enough about how PmWiki works, but I can't be the only person who is
thrilled to have such a tool available yet confused as to how to use it.

What I need is a page called something like PmWikiInternals that has a
zillion links to the pages that describe these things that I don't know
exist. I would be glad to create such a page - except that I don't know
what the contents would be! Having that page listed in the sidebar would be
a great boon.
</mild rant>

Neil

Neil Herber