[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: local htaccess (was: Re: What is the *patch file for?)

chr@home.se chr
Thu Dec 9 12:09:04 CST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> About the best a web-based "installation" script can do is to analyze
> things and tell the administrator "you need to do this for me" (as
> PmWiki already does for the creation of the wiki.d/ and other directories).
> And we need to keep the number of such items small.

That reminds me of an annoyance.

Let's say I've just enabled uploads and attempts to upload something.
Pmwiki then (usually) tells you to for instance do 'chmod 2777 <somedir>'
and then when that is done return the settings using 'chmod 775 <somedir>'

The bad thing is that I often do reload to see that 'chmod 2777...'
worked, which mean I loose the page saying how to return the settings...

Maybe pmwiki could write the suggested commands to a logfile, or a special
wiki page?

I hope I managed to explain what's annoying.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr