[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: local htaccess (was: Re: What is the *patch file for?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 9 20:01:19 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 08:08:44PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> That reminds me of an annoyance.
>
> Let's say I've just enabled uploads and attempts to upload something.
> Pmwiki then (usually) tells you to for instance do 'chmod 2777 <somedir>'
> and then when that is done return the settings using 'chmod 775 <somedir>'
>
> The bad thing is that I often do reload to see that 'chmod 2777...'
> worked, which mean I loose the page saying how to return the settings...
>
> Maybe pmwiki could write the suggested commands to a logfile, or a special
> wiki page?

Hmm, writing such messages to a wiki page might be very useful, especially
if they then showed up in recent changes.  OTOH, it might not be good
for others to be able to log messages from PmWiki indicating where the
currently open directories are.

Yeah, I see the annoyance, I'm just not sure how to address it yet.