[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: local htaccess (was: Re: What is the *patch file for?)

chr@home.se chr
Fri Dec 10 04:53:11 CST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > Maybe pmwiki could write the suggested commands to a logfile, or a special
> > wiki page?
>
> Hmm, writing such messages to a wiki page might be very useful, especially
> if they then showed up in recent changes.  OTOH, it might not be good
> for others to be able to log messages from PmWiki indicating where the
> currently open directories are.
>
> Yeah, I see the annoyance, I'm just not sure how to address it yet.

How about if pmwiki updated a logfile with the status of these things? The
wiki page could then in addition to giving instructions, also refer the
admin to the log file?  (the log file wouldn't be accessable through http,
but simply be a text file that the admin could look at).

As for illustrating the commands, it'd be convenient if pmwiki created a
separate simple text file with the suggested commands, the admin could
then simply do a copy'n paste from that file.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr