[Pmwiki-users] user-authorization

David Goadby david
Tue Dec 14 08:01:51 CST 2004

We stopped this on our Windows network by enforcing network usernames and passwords to access the Wiki. This worked for both internal users and external users coming in via port forwarding and the firewall.  The server is a humble Win2K box running IIS5.0 .

No Superman tee shirts here now!

Regards

David Goadby
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael_Paulukonis at divintech.com
  To: Pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:03 PM
  Subject: [Pmwiki-users] user-authorization

  >Alas, this is just a hazard of running a wiki that doesn't provide
  authentication.  But I'll see if I can bump the user authentication
  features up a notch in development priority (http://www.pmwiki.org/PITS/00010,
  for those who want to vote on it.  :-)

  Pm<

  I vote for that! I don't like the idea of needing to use authentication, but one of my network-security guys is highly suspicious of the open wiki environment [available only on our intranet, and only to the IT-department], and posts under other users' names all the time in an attempt to "prove" that the system is vulnerable.

  :::sigh:::

  he also wears a Superman t-shirt every day.

  Michael J. Paulukonis
  Programmer/Developer
  Diversified Information Technologies
  570-343-2300 Ext 3043