[Pmwiki-users] layout of the default wikipages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 3 11:21:58 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:40:41PM +0100, Thomas N. Burg wrote:
> sorry for aksing this newbie question. Where can I change the layout of
> the wiki pages I mean fonts etc.
> I could find sufficient help - is it in the pmwiki.php where to make
> those changes.
> But then what happens in case of an upgrade.
>
> Help very much appreciated, this is my first journey into wikiLand.

Welcome, Thomas!  In PmWiki, the normal way to make customizations
is to create a file called "local.php" and put your changes there.
For example, if you want to change the footer to simply read
"hello world", you would create a local.php file that looks like

    <?php
    $PageFooterFmt = "hello world";
    ?>

and all of the footers would then start to appear as "hello world".
You can change the values of nearly all of PmWiki's variables in the
local.php file.  In this way, when you upgrade to a later version of
PmWiki, your changes won't be lost because they'll remain in the local.php
file.

More information on this is available in the documentation at the
following pages:

   http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks
   http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/LocalCustomizations
   http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/CustomHeadersAndFooters