[Pmwiki-users] Re: more --signature markup thoughts

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Feb 9 06:51:55 CST 2004

> Ideas?

!!!Specifying the apperance of your signature on your profile page

As 'icing on the cake', how about letting the visual appearance of the
signature be determined by markup on the profile page? This would make it
easier for people with:
* Long names
* Names containing "'" and other special characters (e.g. "O'Neill").
You could use an image (a tiny photo of you, or your personal logotype).

The drawback is of course that we need to define additional markup. Here's
one possible solution (the markup should be on my profile page):

	%comment% [=
	[[#signature-symbol]]Christian Ridderstr?m
	=]

where '%comment% [= ... =]' keeps the text from appearing when you look at
the profile page, and the anchor is what the signature markup looks for in
the profile page, when it checks if the user has manually defined the
appearance of his markup.

/Christian