[Pmwiki-users] private wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Feb 9 19:33:11 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 06:26:17PM -0800, KC Patrick wrote:

>    I  had  a  question  today  on  making  a  wiki "private." Can one set
>    viewing/editing  passwords  for the whole site?

Sure, just set the values of $DefaultPasswords['read'] and
$DefaultPasswords['edit'].  See PmWiki.PasswordsAdmin.

>    Also, I currently have
>    wikis  as  subdomains.  If I want to move an existing wiki to it's own
>    domain, does it work by moving all the files or is there anything else
>    i need to know?

You can pretty much just move the files, but be careful of ownerships
for the wiki.d and upload directories--PmWiki expects them to be owned
by the web server process.  The scripts/fixperms.php script can help
if there are permissions problems.