[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.6.betas now active on pmichaud.com

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Feb 9 19:55:23 CST 2004

For those who are keeping up with the latest developments on PmWiki 0.6,
I now have the official pmichaud.com/PmWiki site running the latest
beta instead of 0.5.27.  This indicates two things:
  1. The beta is getting much closer to an official release (yay!)
  2. It's possible to upgrade an existing site without too much hassle

Actually, upgrading went much more easily than I had expected, and
PmWiki 0.6.beta6 had a few nice surprises for me--things that once
took a fair bit of customization in 0.5.27 were greatly simplified
in 0.6.beta6.  At present I have the PmWiki pages using the
"classic" layout, but will be moving to the new default layout
very soon.

There are still a number of things left to be done, and more eyes
and editors makes things go quicker...
  - any errors left in the beta need to be identified and reported
  - the documentation needs to be updated/corrected for the new release
  - internationalized pages can be redone/updated for the new version
    (more on this in a subsequent message)

So, feel free to report any browser issues, functional issues, or
other items on the pmichaud.com site either directly to me, the listserv,
or the "open issues" section of the Development pages
(http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development).

Thanks again to all for your help with PmWiki!